Since the newest release of iOS 10.3 and MacOS Sierra 10.12.4, app owners can finally comment on any posted user review. But what’s more important, app publishers can assign the team to a new „Customer Support” role in iTunes Connect. What exactly does it mean for your company?
What was already available for developers on the Google Play Store since 2012, finally also came for iOS developers. The new reply functionality solves one of the biggest problems for many app publishers. Now it’s possible to stay in touch with your users through App Store comments, change bad user score into a good one, and improve users’ feelings to get faster support at the same time.
To make it easier for app owners, Apple added also a new role in the iTunes Connect account – „Customer Support” available both for iOS and MacOS. Thanks to this awaited change, your customer service, PR or marketing specialists will have an access to Resources and Help, Users and Roles, My apps sections, and they will be able to respond to all reviews in App Store. Following Apple announcement, staff who have had App Manager and Marketer account before 13th of July 2017, received automatically the newest one – „Customer Support”.
Follow these steps & find out how to use a new, key comment feature on iTunes Connect:
- Log into iTunes Connect, click My Apps on the homepage and then select your app.
- In the toolbar click Activity, then under the platform in the left column, open Ratings and Reviews. There you will see all information. To respond, just click on Reply next to the review.
- When your comment is ready, click Submit, and your reply will become public on the app page. The user will be notified about the answer!
What is worth to mention is a fact that reviews and ratings play an important role in the App Store Algorithm – the more users like your app, the higher will be your ranking. That’s why when you draft a reply, keep in mind to:
- avoid publishing spam or personal information which might be annoying to your users and also be against to the Apple’s Terms and Conditions
- try to concentrate on the positive aspects of the review, and reply both for positive and negative comments
- never attack users, point out that you try to solve the problems or work on new features in your app.
App publishers received a powerful tool to interact with their users, so don’t miss your chance!